About Ajman DED was established for the purpose to foster sustainable economic development of Ajman emirate with the involvement of UAE nationals
The Chairman of the DED believes that it is now imperative to re-activate the DED to a full functioning government body with explicit roles and responsibilities towards the economic future of Ajman
Key Strategic Objectives of the DED
- Promote sustainable economic growth for Ajman
- Address current issues in the emirate that are stalling sustainable economic growth
- Act as an enabler for change to help develop the economy of Ajman
- Demonstrate progress and positive outcomes for the people of Ajman (especially the national population)
The economic and financial variables around us, requiring catch up, hard and effective work to overcome the current and future challenges through the introduction of scientific methods and studies supported by analysis and statistical data to enhance the role of the Economic Department in the Emirate of Ajman in order to improve all aspects of economic development in the Emirate through the development of services provided to investors and facilitate the attraction and the development of their investments into the Emirate and provide excellent facilities in terms of the severe local, regional and international competition.
Therefore, the need has become necessary to give more effective role to the Economic Department in the Emirate by preparing a general draft concerning restructure of the department and the tasks entrusted to it, and give it the powers and responsibilities that will highlight the real role of the establishment thereof, namely, (sustainable economic development of the Emirate of Ajman)
The Department aims towards the achievement of a comprehensive and sustainable economic development in the Emirate by carrying out the following:
- Adoption of the best economic and administrative practices used locally and regionally and internationally in carrying out the economic activities and using the best modern technologies and methods relating to the collection of information and economic data and in formulating the appropriate plans for ensuring the best use of financial and human resources and abilities available in the Emirate.
- Provision of the required infrastructure for the achievement of a diversified economy of resources in the Emirate and the achievement of the continuous and sustainable development for all economic sectors in the Emirate.
- Economic promotion for the Emirate, locally and internationally, and the provision of the developed legislative environment and best climate for attracting the local and foreign investments and accurate information and data and the opportunities for using the modern technology to find out all investment opportunities available in the Emirate, easily and smoothly.
- Raising awareness among the public, and the business community in the Emirate and providing them with the adequate information and data on the course of the various economic activities inside and outside the Emirate.